Sunday, February 27, 2005

Ed and I went to a party last night with really good food, and I just had a sudden urge to make cool appetizers to eat while watching the Oscars. For instance, these cherry tomatoes filled with goat cheese and stuffed cucumbers (hollow out cucumber wheels and fill with tomatoes and goat cheese feta and cilantro and some oil and vinager dressing). I've also added crispy baguette pieces with hummous.
I've always thought that making party food takes way too much effort and coordination for my taste. But I have now discovered it is very much like making crafts, where you get really absorbed in the process and making things pretty (especially when bright colours are involved) and the end result is usually impressive. Plus it feels decadent to have such things without having a party.

No comments: