Saturday, August 16, 2003

I've started reading The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Nightime.I'm only about a quarter of the way through and it seems great so far-the main character is an autistic boy. I'll keep you posted on how it is.

I had a great morning before work today: Ed and I wandered over to the Farmer's Market in East Van. We bought funny looking zucchini called Eight Ball zucchini and yummy baby potatoes. There was a table of amazing body creams and soaps (Kasandra's Soaps and Sundries). I would have bought some of their Mango body butter: smelled so good I would have eaten it, or one of their lavender soaps, but I hadn't planned ahead for money-everything is cash there.
It's funny how much more appetizing everything looks when its not withering under the milky flourescent lights of safeway, and presented in cute little wooden crates. Potatoes just look better in wooden crates!

I'm looking forward to seeing American Splendor when it comes out finally-it looks kind of quirky, and this one, and and of course this one.

No comments: