Wednesday, September 15, 2004

I was just at a training session at Crisis Centre for the Youth in BC online program. It's a really neat new program where volunteers-such as myself can chat with youth, in BC or anywhere really, in an MSN style thing. It's great because rather than phoning in and getting shy, they can be more anonymous. The only thing I'm a bit afraid of is not knowing the chat room lingo: ROTFL, or IOH (rolling on the floor laughing, or I'm outta here. Yikes, I'm not up with the kids anymore. Jess, I'm sure you come across the lingo in the classroom hey?
I found myself watching Oprah today, she announced her new book club selection, a Pearl S. Buck book. When will she select books that are by new authors?
I made a lentils and rice stew type thing for supper; it really wasn't as exciting as it sounds though and really, I was just hungry after eating it. I think what it was missing was cheese.
I think it is time for a hot chocolate across the street, where I will do some reading, or knitting.

No comments: