Sunday, September 05, 2004

It is PNE day today. A day of mini donuts, corn on the cob, the Superdog show, and maybe one ride. Fairs make me nostalgic. I love all the junk that's sold, little crappy foam creatures, people with microphones delivering sermon-like speeches on the "next big miracle in cleaning."
I remember being a kid and fascinated with all the flashing and glowing lights and sweet cotton candy smells floating through the midway. I always got sick on the spinny rides but couldn't stop myself from going on. The thrill of feeling like you're going to fly off the tracks or be flung off the Pirate Ship.
I just had to call the city pound on some jerk who had left his Doberman in a locked truck for over 24 hours now. The guy at the pet store said he'd seen the guy giving the dog food and water this morning. But when I went by, the truck was in the sun and the dog was panting.
I was advised to call 911 by the lady at the pound, but when I went out to double check the truck was still there, of course it was gone. Probably moved to a new location.

No comments: